Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Madness Ensues

Ok, so the Saints are going to the Superbowl.......

It's about damn time! I'll be parked in front of a TV on February 7th with a drink in one hand and junk food in the other.

On another note:

Artists of all genres are gearing up for one hell of a Mardi Gras this year! My marching group, Krewe do Craft, has a lot of handmade throws to give out. I'm still making my stuff and boy, has it been a time guzzler. In addition to handmade parade lagniappe, I have to make a costume for the Not-so-Super Super Heroes party on February 13th AND a costume for the parade on February 14th. I'm a bit beside myself in overwhelming excitement.

Speaking of February 13th.....

The Bywater Art Lofts, the artist community in which I live, has their first art show of the year scheduled for that evening, 5pm - 10pm. Since it's Mardi Gras time, we naturally wanted our show to focus on Carnival. I'm making a huge, tacky paper mache sculpture! So what if it's tacky?! That's what Mardi Gras is about anyway, right? Music, food, drinks, socializing and art....LOTS of art. We're also having open studios so if you're curious about one of us and would like to see more.....take a journey into someone's live/work space. You never know what you're gonna find.

Here's our postcard flyer:


Would love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment