Friday, February 18, 2011

What tha??


There are times when I think I overextend myself. Adding on to my plate over and over again until suddenly, I can't keep up anymore. I forget to do things, stay on track and if I don't make a list....well.....you can probably bet your ass it will not get accomplished.

My November show was nice. Everything came together just as I planned it to, with a little help from an absolute wonderful friend of mine. Did Isell anything? Nope. That's the only downfall to all that time I spent on it. However, the little magnets I've been making over the last two years seem to find their way into the homes of New Orleans. I'm ok with that. I'm currently working on a new stock and there will be new images to admire, in addition to the best-selling marbled paper magnets. I need to get into a production mode. I will admit, it's easier said than done, especially when finances do not allow you to stock your supplies up in preparation for mass production. Bleh!

My friend, Melissa, and I had a little holiday card-making workshop in December. The whole thing was a wonderful idea, but we think it needsto be arranged for an earlier time, say October-ish. The cards came out well. Melissa letter-pressed the inside of the cards and people decorated the outside. We had a lot fun!


I decided to take some time away from art and focus my mind more on myself. I don't pay attention to myself much. So, I signed up for a 30 day yoga challenge. Oh I finished it and finished it good! I feel great. I feel mentally rejuvenated. So, maybe I can start working on something that will put some money in my pocket. After all, it is Mardi Gras season in The Big Easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment