Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Post for a New Year

Happy 2012, All!!!!

Everyone ALWAYS says, "This is the year for me! Things are going to happen this time." Do they? New Year's resolutions? Not usually, but this year IS going to be different. I'm in the midst of two genius ideas (a road trip and a business venture) and neither one would be possible without two incredibly artistic friends of mine. In the meantime, I have a lot of writing to do: proposals with a sales pitch. More information on both of these projects as I wrap my head around them.

It is also Mardi Gras season here in New Orleans, which means that many creative ventures will present themselves to me. I have so many potential projects floating in my head. Of course, I'm going to make some Carnival-themed magnets so I'll have photos of them up later. My friends and I are playing around with the idea of hand-made head accessories for this time of year......and maybe year-round. Oh, and I am going to make a damn king cake this year! I've been wanting to do that for a long time so why not?

My friend, Teena, has a blog about her creative adventures. One artistic creation a week = 52 projects. Check her out at www.projectvoila.wordpress.com

Other things in the works: art for a friend's restaurant, new body of work (etchings), rearranging my apartment, selling my paintings for CHEAP and finally getting a decent amount of business cards printed (letterpress-printed to be exact).

......and that's my update. Sorry, no photos this time around but there will be plenty on the way soon. I do, however, have ONE photo for you that pretty much sums up my life right now:


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment