Tuesday, March 31, 2015

An Inspirational, Quick Update

I have finally listened to myself and started planning and planting a garden!  This past weekend was full of purchasing plants, soil, and tools.  The BFF and I are dead serious about growing our own food.  It's still a working list, but here is what we've planted so far:

Top, Left to Right: Parsley, dill, oregano, and basil.
Bottom, Left to Right: Meyer lemons, satsumas,
cherry tomatoes, and strawberries
Left to Right: Amaryllis flower (a gift), chocolate mint, rosemary, cilantro, and lavendar

...and that's not all!  There is a brick bed we are utilizing, as soon as we get all of the ferns out and the soil cleaned up a bit.  LOTS of work still ahead.

I must say, by doing what we've done so far.....just that stuff.....has put me in an incredibly awesome mood the last two days! It is going to be a vegetarian's dream back there!  The energy in the yard is different....even in the house!  I cannot wait until our fourth of July party!

My excitement trickled into my art too! In addition to my doodles, I started sketching vegetables.  The Things That Nourish is what I'd like to title it, if it needs a title.  Simple pen sketches that just may evolve into something more.

I feel different lately. Nothing negative at all, but something has certainly shifted. I feel it both mentally and physically.  I really wasn't paying too much attention to it for the first two months. March is waking me up to something special. There is a lot I'd like to accomplish this year and for the first time, I actually feel it can all happen. My social choices may have something to do with this. I've set aside more time for myself,    brushed off a few draining individuals, bought a few things to improve my living conditions, and - well - the garden!

I started applying to out of state art events. Yes, I've already been rejected to a large arts and crafts festival, but so what!? It only fuels me to keep trying.  My artwork will still progress and the projects I'm working on will still be finished. I have a few more I'd like to submit an application to.
 
I HAVE to encourage this positive shift to stick around! I should probably start meditating again to get my mind focused and prepared to deal with the incredible amount of amazing things to come. I don't want to anticipate too much, but I can't help myself!

I'll post another update this weekend.  I'm planning to expand the nourish sketches and work on my Maps series prep work.



1 comment: