Monday, January 19, 2009

Thoughts of the Day

I am not sure about most of you, but once you hit your 30s, time seems to play catch up.

Tomorrow is my 32nd birthday.

I feel like I should have more to show for myself by now. I should have more exhibitions under my belt than I currently show. Procrastination is my nemesis. I honestly try to make an effort, but somewhere along the road, something sidetracks me. This is something that I hope to overcome in 2009. I need to let go of a lot of disappointment that's occurred in my life and just do the damn thang! Time waits for no one.

Prospect.1 closed yesterday. The first biennial in the States. New Orleans has its hands full for 2010. This year being the first (opened in 2008), I'm sure they'll iron out any kinks for a more successful international event. I plan to have some kind of representation at Prospect.2, whether it be in a local gallery or finally opening up my own place and getting to be one of many satellite exhibitions. Yeah, that would be nice. I'm working on it..........

.......procrastination........

Aside from all of that worry, I do feel that 2009 will be a magical year. We have a new president! The Louisiana Division of the Arts is getting ready to give out a mass load of money! I am currently drafting a grant! By year's end, I would like to have a business registered and apply for 501 (c) 3, non-profit status of my aspiring print shop. Something HAS to go right......right?

No comments:

Post a Comment