Monday, January 26, 2009

Sit and Ponder

At times, my thoughts get so overwhelming and numerous. I find it hard to focus at work. When I'm at home, I notice my mind pondering on the same exact things, repeatedly...

over...and over...and over again. Constant pondering slowly becomes obsessive analyzing.

Are we designed to become prisoners of our own minds? Do you ever sit and think that maybe, just maybe, our thoughts hold us captive from absolute freedom?

Does meditation really work in regards to "thinking too much"?

There was a point in my life when I thought so. Yoga and meditation became an everyday part of my life. Granted, I had no educated teacher or Indian Guru...just me, myself, and I as both instructor and student. I've read about complete inner peace. I'm just not sure if I have ever achieved it. I feel I've come close on occasions, but never anything life-changing.

Hmmm, I wonder if this rolls off into other aspects of living......

No comments:

Post a Comment