Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Krewe 'Do' Craft

After living here for the past 14 years, I can finally take a more active role in Mardi Gras festivities! A group of local artists and craftsmen created a walking krewe, appropriately named Krewe 'Do' Craft. We are all supporters of local arts and big believers in handmade throws and other trinkets. It's a great idea, if you ask me. I joined a week and a half ago and met a few of the members on Sunday. Good people. I really need to surround myself with other creative minds.

I took some photos of things I'm making for the parade, which by the way, happens right before Bacchus on Sunday, February 22nd. We are walking with Box O Wine. There's a great crowd that day so we need to be on our toes. I've posted some photos of just a handful of my throws.

On a similar note, I need to start working on my costume! Our theme for this year is "Alice in Craftyland" so yeah, you get the idea. I'm still undecided and I need to stop procrastinating and pick something. But that being said, I'm no seamstress.

Update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment