Saturday, May 25, 2013

News, Post-Show

Guys, my art show last night was the most exposure I've had!  There had to be at least 500 people waltz through those doors, if not more. I met a wide-range of individuals and after many friendly exchanges, I found myself quite overwhelmed with positive responses!  I wasn't expecting that at all.  You know those artists that don't think any of their work is good so they never expect anyone to say much about it?  Yeah, that's me.  So when numerous folks surround me with accolades and well wishes, I get a bit overzealous....humbly overzealous to be exact.  It feels really great that I had this opportunity to create a large amount of work and share it with hundreds of people.

I sold a small handful of things; a few magnets, a piece of handmade paper and a framed piece I had hanging on the display.  It wasn't my original plan, which consisted of selling out completely and going home with just the display and my personal belongings, but I'm happy with the hand that was dealt. A new art collective introduced themselves to me and would like to have coffee in the near future to discuss an opportunity with them.  I'm game for this.  After the 2 or 3 commission inquiries I had, I do admit last night was a success overall.  I would do the Raw Events again, definitely!

Photos coming soon!

Next on the list:

Axiom got into the St. Claude Main Street's night market on June 8th!!  We are absolutely stoked about it however, it is suggested that we obtain an occupational license.  Bleh!  Now I have to deal with City Hall?!  I have to look all of this information up, especially how long it may take to get one.  The market is TWO WEEKS AWAY!  As Raw's Showcase did with my prints, I'm hoping this little market will launch the jewelry line in a positive direction.

Summer may be slow in some local industries, but I'm finding myself to be quite busy over the next 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment