Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Playing Catch Up.....Again

Out of sight, out of mind?

Some people just aren't cut out for blogging.  I love doing it, but I cannot seem to find the time to fit it into my schedule.  Many things are shaping up in 2013!  With any luck, I can enjoy the fruits of my labor in the near future.

My best friend, Darcy, and I started a jewelry line a few months ago!  It really came out of nowhere.  I've been making these paper beads for about a year now and after stringing them together, admiring them, showing it all off to friends and family, and then discovering Darcy's love and fascination with wire jewelry!  It seemed only natural to go in that direction.  We've both been trying to figure out how to work together doing something we can mutually dedicate ourselves to.  I guess we found it!  We applied for a booth at the St. Claude Night Market on June 8th and we're hoping to hear from them soon.

Currently, we have some of our lovelies are over at Bon Castor Gift Shop in the Bywater neighborhood.  Great place!  If you haven't been, I highly suggest it.  Amy, the owner, is a wonderful conversationalist (I must admit) and if you find yourself a little overwhelmed at the amount of creative talent in the shop, feel free to strike up a "what to do?" round of dialogue with her.....or even some of the other customers!  I mean, chances are they are regulars and know exactly what to suggest.  I like it there.  I think we'll stick around.

Bon Castor is located at 3207 Burgundy Street in New Orleans.

I have another art show coming up, on Friday!  Raw Artists: New Orleans is an indie arts organization which promotes underground talent and introduces them to an international, networking system of other artists.  They have shows every month and I am in the May installment.  I've been working on some marbled pieces and a few prints (along with things I've done in the past).  It is proving to be a challenge because not only do I have to create and frame my work, I also have to build out a display as well.  I've never had to worry about this aspect of an exhibition so it is definitely something new.  We are about 3 days out and I still have yet to frame two large pieces.  I'm stressing about it, yes.  I have my display sketched out down to the inch so I hope I can get those pieces finished.  Otherwise, it messes up the flow of the display and I have to come up with another plan.  There is a tiny part of me that cannot wait for this to be over...........so I can breathe!!

Yes, it's hard to see, but trust me......a lot of mathematics went into this!

I have one or two more things I'd like to do before Friday's chaos.  The plan is to have work for sale, but span the pricing scale....really cheap to not-so cheap.  We'll see what happens.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment